Monday, July 30, 2012

Nineteen

Yesterday I celebrated my 19th birthday! It was definitely a birthday to remember.  Since it was sunday, we got to sleep in, and do whatever we wanted during the day.  I really wanted to go to church but there were only 12 spots in the bus and since i went last week I decided to let the other people have a turn so those of us who stayed back relaxed and just hung out.  Later that day, the kids at the school put on a talent show for us.  It was super cute! The kids danced, sang, performed a drama (skit), or showed off their artwork.  Even some of the volunteers did a song and dance. 

Jennifer and her friend sang a song in the show.  They were awesome!

Before the talent show started they brought me up in front of the whole school and everyone sang happy birthday to me.  It was very embarrassing but super nice!

After the talent show one of the volunteers turned on some music and it turned into a giant dance party. It was one of the best dance parties i have been to in awhile haha all the little kids were bustin out their indian moves and it was hilarious!!

When we got back to the elephant house i was just sitting on my bed when all of the sudden everyone bursts into my room singing happy birthday and holding a cake with candles.  Let me just say that cake does not exist in India so i was shocked to say the least.  I guess that some of the girls that went to church today told Anan (the bus driver) that they needed a cake.  When he picked them up to go home he had found a cake! I was so surprised and happy!
Even though it tasted a little bit like India it was still the best surprise ever. thanks girls!

Then we went to family time and all of the little girls in my house had written me birthday notes! It was so sweet!

The house mother did henna on me

The place the volunteers live is called the elephant house so outside our door there is this little elephant and of course i had to get a picture on it.

What a great place to spend my birthday. I am going to miss this place soooo much! 




No comments:

Post a Comment